PUBLIC NOTICE – COVID-19 UPDATE – SHELTER OPERATING AT LIMITED CAPACITY (December 11, 2020)
In accordance with the new guidelines and restrictions put in place by Governor Wolf, the Humane Society of Cambria County will be implementing the following precautions:
- Capacity will be limited to 50% occupancy so that visitors may continue to practice social distancing. Once capacity is reached no further individuals will be permitted into the building. We ask that you do not visit the shelter in groups larger than 2 and respect your time spent here so that others may have the chance to visit as well.
- All visitors will be asked to sign in before they enter the Cat and Dog room and to sign out before they exit.
- No visits will be permitted with adoptable animals without an approved application and appointment.
- Masks are required. And, we encourage guests to sanitize hands often and to wash hands at our sink prior to entering and exiting the Cat and Dog room.
1. Complete an Adoption Application: https://www.humanecambria.org/…/the-adoption…/…. Physical applications are available at our shelter. (If you are unsure of which pet you would like to adopt, please provide a description of what you are interested in. You may call or message the shelter during business hours for questions on particular animals.)
2. Your application will be processed, and you will be contacted. Please allow 3 to 5 days for your application to be processed.
3. Once approved, an appointment will be made to meet with your potential adoptive pet(s).
If you locate a stray dog in Cambria County please contact non-emergency at 814-472-2100 or the Dog Warden at 814-932-2373. If you locate a stray cat in Cambria County please contact the shelter directly at 814-535-6116 for further instruction. If you must surrender your pet please contact the shelter directly at 814-535-6116 to discuss available space. For complaints of animal cruelty or neglect, please contact your local or State Police.
New Volunteers will not be accepted at this time.
Current Volunteers are asked to schedule their shift by utilizing VicNet: https://www.volgistics.com/ex2/vicnet.dll/?from=484796. This allows us to control capacity within our building. If you do not schedule your shift, you may be asked to not volunteer that day.
Fosters are still needed! You may learn more here: https://www.humanecambria.org/get-invo…/foster/
We continue to accept donations. They may be dropped off in our donation barrels at the front of our shelter. If you have a monetary donation please call ahead to schedule an appointment, or you may make donations here: https://www.paypal.me/hscc15904. If you need a receipt, please call in and request one.
All dog licenses, flea/tick preventative, microchipping, etc. should call ahead so that we may continue to monitor our capacity.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we take these precautions. It is crucial for us to continue our life-saving efforts amidst these unprecedented times, therefore we must take the appropriate preventative measures for our staff and volunteers as well as protect the public.
Continue to watch our page during this time for updates about adoptable pets and our needs! Thank you!