PUBLIC NOTICE – COVID-19 UPDATE – SHELTER OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS (June 10, 2020)
Now in the green phase, the Humane Society of Cambria County begins our transition to OPEN as of today, Wednesday, June 10th. The public will be permitted into the building during normal business hours under the following circumstances:
- Capacity will be limited so that all may continue to practice social distancing. Once capacity is reached no further individuals will be permitted into the building. We ask that you do not visit the shelter in groups larger than 3 and respect your time spent here so that others may have the chance to visit as well.
- All visitors will be asked to sign in before they enter the Cat and Dog room and to sign out before they exit.
- No visits will be permitted with adoptable animals without an approved application and appointment.
- Masks are required. And, we encourage guests to sanitize hands often and to wash hands at our sink prior to entering and exiting the Cat and Dog room.
1. Complete an Adoption Application: https://www.cambriacountyhumanesociety.com/…/the-adoption…/…. Physical applications are available at our shelter. (If you are unsure of which pet you would like to adopt, please provide a description of what you are interested in. You may call or message the shelter during business hours for questions on particular animals.)
2. Your application will be processed, and you will be contacted. Please allow 3 to 5 days for your application to be processed.
3. Once approved, an appointment will be made to meet with your potential adoptive pet(s).
If you locate a stray dog in Cambria County please contact non-emergency at 814-472-2100 or the Dog Warden at 814-932-2373. If you locate a stray cat in Cambria County please contact the shelter directly at 814-535-6116 for further instruction. If you must surrender your pet please contact the shelter directly at 814-535-6116 to discuss available space.
New Volunteers will be accepted starting, September 1, 2020. If you are interested in volunteering please complete an application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap…. Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you for further training once you are approved.
Current Volunteers are asked to first create a VicNet profile here: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=1233706145. We then ask that all volunteers schedule their shift by utilizing VicNet: https://www.volgistics.com/ex2/vicnet.dll/?from=484796. This allows us to limit the number of individuals in our building at any given time, and permits all volunteers to have a fair chance of spending time at the shelter.
Fosters are still needed! You may learn more here: https://www.cambriacountyhumanesociety.com/get-invo…/foster/
We continue to accept donations. They may be dropped off in our donation barrels at the front of our shelter. If you have a monetary donation please call ahead to schedule an appointment, or you may make donations here: https://www.paypal.me/hscc15904. If you need a receipt, please call in and request one.
All dog licenses, flea/tick preventative, microchipping, etc. should call ahead so that we may continue to monitor our capacity.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate back to normalcy. It is crucial for us to continue our life-saving efforts amidst these unprecedented times, therefore we must take the appropriate preventative measures for our staff and volunteers as well as protect the public.
Continue to watch our page during this time for updates about adoptable pets and our needs! Thank you!