The foster angels who temporarily care for the eligible animals of the Humane Society of Cambria County will help them to find their “furever” home faster! You will help them to manage stress, burn off energy, and gain exposure. You will help those with medical or behavioral issues to thrive in a safe and loving home environment. Ultimately, you will help our animals become more adoptable!
There are two programs for foster angels including Foster for a Day and Long Term Foster Care. From taking a dog out for the day to caring for a litter of kittens and their mother, there is a little bit of everything.
Download and complete the application below and submit it to our shelter. Thanks for wanting to help out!
Foster Angels must be 18 years of age, pass a background check, have landlord consent if renting and parental consent if living at home, and pass a home inspection if requested.
Steps to Become a Foster
- Complete and return the volunteer application to HSCC
- Application will be reviewed by HSCC Staff
- Applicant will be informed of the approval or denial of the application
- If approved; the applicant will meet with the Coordinator for Volunteer Orientation. They are scheduled every other week on Wednesday’s from 5:30-6:00pm or Saturday’s 11:00-11:30am. If choosing to work with our dogs, the applicant will be required to complete a dog handling class. They are scheduled every Saturday at 11:30am.
- Individual is ready to begin fostering with us!
Pick a Program
The programs you see below each fulfill a vital role in our mission. Each program concentrates on a specific need in order to benefit our animals care and quality of life. If you would like to foster in any of the following programs please indicate on your Foster Angel Application.