Already a Volunteer?
The volunteers who assist the Humane Society of Cambria County take on a variety of roles and their time and effort is truly appreciated. Without them, our shelter would not be able to provide the best service and care possible to our animals and visitors from the community. The reward gained from caring for shelter animals is only outdone when an animal finds a new and loving furever home!
There are many ways you can be a volunteer. From dog walking and cat cuddling, to doing dishes and yard maintenance, we will always appreciate a helping hand. Volunteers are also needed off-site at special events and serving in our committees.
Download and complete the application below and submit it to our shelter. Thanks for wanting to help out!
Volunteers must be at least 10 years of age or older. Volunteers between 10 and 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Volunteers may independently volunteer at the age of 16 with cats ONLY. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have consent from his or her parent(s) or guardian(s). Volunteers may volunteer with dogs at 18 years of age or older.
Steps to Become a Volunteer
- Complete and submit the volunteer application to HSCC
- Application will be reviewed by Volunteer Coordinator and approved by HSCC Staff and Board Members
- Applicant will be informed of the approval or denial of the application
- If approved; the applicant will meet with the Coordinator for Volunteer Orientation. They are scheduled every other week on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:00 p.m. or Saturdays 11:00-11:30 a.m. If choosing to work with our dogs, the applicant will be required to complete a dog handling class. They are scheduled every Saturday at 11:30 a.m.
- Individual is ready to begin volunteer work with us!
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic we must implement the following restrictions until further notice to limit the number of people within our building at any given time:
- All volunteers MUST be able to independently volunteer. We cannot accept volunteers under the age of 16 or volunteers assisted by Direct Support Professionals.
- Group volunteering will be restricted to no more than 6 individuals at one time. Group volunteering will be reviewed and approved on a case by case basis by the Volunteer Coordinator.
We thank you for your cooperation throughout this uncertain time!
Find a Focus
The focuses you see below each fulfill a vital role in our mission. Each focus concentrates on a specific area of interest in order to benefit our animals and assist our staff members. If you would like to volunteer in any of the following areas please indicate on your Volunteer Application.