PUBLIC NOTICE -Mask Mandate Removed, Other Policies to Remain in Effect, & Dog Licenses No Longer Available for Purchase (June 29, 2021)
The Pennsylvania Department of Health announced that the statewide order of universal face coverings has been lifed as of Monday, June 28th. In accordance with this announcement, the Humane Society of Cambria County will no longer require masks to be worn while visiting our facility, and adhere to the following guidelines:
- HSCC is operating at 100% occupancy.
- All visitors will be asked to sign in before they enter the Cat and Dog room and to sign out before they exit.
- No visits will be permitted with adoptable animals without an approved application and appointment.
- Guests who have not yet been vaccinated or are partially vaccinated are still encouraged by the Pennsylvania Department of Health to wear a mask.
- Guests are encouraged to remain a safe social distance, to sanitize hands often, and to wash hands at our sink prior to entering and exiting the Cat and Dog room.
1. Complete an Adoption Application: https://www.cambriacountyhumanesociety.com/adopt/the-adoption-process/#adopt. Physical applications are available at our shelter. (If you are unsure of which pet you would like to adopt, please provide a description of what you are interested in. You may call or message the shelter during business hours for questions on particular animals.)
2. Your application will be processed, and you will be contacted. Please allow 3 to 5 days for your application to be processed.
3. Once approved, an appointment will be made to meet with your potential adoptive pet(s).
**All animal visitations REQUIRE an approved application and appointment.**
If you locate a stray dog in Cambria County please contact non-emergency at 814-472-2100 or the Dog Warden at 814-880-9225. If you locate a stray cat in Cambria County please contact the shelter directly at 814-535-6116 for further instruction. If you must surrender your pet please contact the shelter directly at 814-535-6116 to discuss available space. For complaints of animal cruelty or neglect, please contact your local or State Police.
New Volunteers are being accepted at this time. Volunteer Orientations will be held once a week, and will be offered either on Sundays at 12:30 pm or Wednesday at 5:00 pm. Additional training is required for Dog Walking. Dog Handling Classes will be offered every other week on Sundays at 1:00 pm. To apply to volunteer, please complete our online application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=820650069&OR=1
Current Volunteers are asked to schedule their shift by utilizing VicNet: https://www.volgistics.com/ex2/vicnet.dll/?from=484796. If you do not have a current Volunteer Profile and have not volunteered with the Humane Society of Cambria County within the past 12 months, you must complete the online application listed above and complete the Volunteer Orientation and, when applicable, the Dog Handling Class.
We continue to accept donations. They may be dropped off in our donation barrels at the front of our shelter or brought into our lobby during business hours. Our Amazon Wish List of items can be found here: https://a.co/5Fqf0n1. If you have a monetary donation please visit us during business hours. Checks may be mailed to 743 Galleria Drive Extension, Johnstown, PA 15904 or online donations can be made here: https://www.paypal.me/hscc15904. Receipts can be requested for all donations.
Dog licenses will no longer be available for purchase beginning July 1, 2021. At that time dog licenses may be purchased directly from the Cambria County Courthouse, other agents like Gittler’s Aquarium & Aviary, or online at https://www.padoglicense.com/. The purchase of a dog license will still be required at time of adoption or when reclaiming your dog.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Tuesday 12-5 PM
Wednesday 12-5 PM
Thursday 12-7 PM
Friday 12-7 PM
Saturday 12-5 PM
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Continue to watch our page for updates about adoptable pets and our needs! Thank you!